The Virginia Theatre was a well-maintained and lovely neighborhood house.
It was built in 1910 for August A. Busch as a vaudeville and movie house at Y-shaped intersection. The Virginia Theatre was acquired by the Wehrenberg chain in 1928. It has a small lobby and the auditorium fanned out because of the intersection that it was built on.
Towards the end, the Virginia Theatre started closing on Mondays and later was open on weekends only. It was within walking distance of the Michigan Theatre, which also was part of the Wehrenberg chain. The Virginia Theatre closed on May 12, 1956. It later became home to a church, and remained in that use as a church until mid-2012.