St. Boniface was built in 1860 to serve the growing German population in the Carondelet area of south St. Louis. The church featured many stained glass windows which were added 1893-94. The church continued to serve the Catholic population until the parish was suppressed by order of the St. Louis Archdiocese and the church was closed July 1, 2005. The church is the main contributing building in the St. Boniface Neighborhood Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002. The link listed below gives a complete history of the church in the booklet on the website.